Sunday, May 19, 2013

Ahoy Masculine Birthday CARD, pp146


Hello, happy Sunday! Just in time to play along with The Paper Players Clean and Simple Masculine challenge #146.  Made this card for my boss's upcoming milestone birthday and he's going on his very first cruise.  Quick and easy to make!  I layered the cardstock, DSP using a distressed tool along the outter edges, sponged the sides with Soft Suede and in the center of the card I sponged the ocean DSP paper with Pacific Point first, then Not Quite Navy (color soon to be retiring).  Lastly, made a cool simple Sailors knot (tutorial link below).

I was INspired by Trina Kuriger Sailor's Knot tutorial over at mnfroggies Ink Pad. Very simple and easy to understand instructions. 
*Tip ... working with Bakers Twine I'll spray it first with starch (Easy On) just to give it some stiffness.
Thats my take on a masculine card ... ahoy! 

All supplies Stampin' Up! ... unless noted.

Recipe ...

Stamps: The Open Sea, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Not Quite Navy (soon to be retiring), Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede-edging
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Nautical Expedition DSP-sadly retired
Accessories:  Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine, Real Red Hemp Twine-retired SU, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Sticky Strip, Distressing Tool, Ahoy brad charm-misc, Round Tag punch-retired, Sponge
Technique:  Sponging
Card Size:  5x5

Enjoy & Share!

3 comments:

  1. What a perfectly coordinated card! I love the dsp with the stamp, and the knot -- Wow! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is stunning! Your shading is wonderful and it's a great image! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Masculine card with one of my favorite sets! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time in leaving me a comment. I hope I have inspired you. I do take the time to read each comment and value your words of encouragement. Have a wonderful day and happy creating! Marian Garcia, Studio M

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...